LOCAL HISTORY ROUNDTABLE
The Local History Roundtable serves to connect NEA members with an interest in local history collections and their administration.
To connect professionals, para-professionals, and volunteers who oversee local history collections for any kind of organization or institution.
- To create a community where the individuals who administer these collections can connect to discuss challenges, opportunities, best practices and current trends in the field of local history and local history collections.
- To disseminate information from within NEA as well as allied professional groups and organizations (such as AASLH and AHA, as well as state and regional groups) about educational opportunities and current trends pertaining to the field of local history, and local history collections and their administration.
- Identify educational and professional development needs of people working with local history collections.
- Collect and share information and news about practices, collections, and troubleshooting issues specific to local history collections.
- Initiate, suggest or sponsor sessions on topics related to local history collection administration or the field of local history for NEA meetings.
Discussion List: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nealocalhistory
To get involved, contact chair Erik Bauer