lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, & queer (LGBTQ) Issues Roundtable
Elise Dunham and Olivia Mandica-Hart
Proposed Goals and Objectives:
The LGBTQ Issues Roundtable exists to:
- Facilitate the sharing of news related to LGBTQ individuals in the archival professions.
- Improve and promote the development, access, and visibility of collections related to LGBTQ history and issues.
- Discuss the relationship between the LGBTQ community and community and/or institutional archives.
- Increase visibility and advocate for LGBTQ membership and allies within NEA.
- Provide the opportunity for members to discuss issues of sex and gender identity and expression within the workplace.
- Provide resources and community support for LGBTQ individuals within the profession.
Preliminary methods by which these activities will be carried out include:
- Development of a website and/or blog space for members to share resources, news stories, professional opportunities.
- Establishment of an email listserv for planning and discussion.
- Establishment of a virtual reading/discussion group.
- Bi-annual meet-ups of the roundtable at NEA meetings.
- Additional meet-ups, as desired and planned by the membership, to socialize, hear guest speakers, or discuss a topic.
Website & Social Media:
The roundtable will be open to all members of NEA regardless of self-identification. To get involved, contact co-chairs Elise Dunham and Olivia Mandica-Hart