As inclusion and diversity are core values in achieving the New England Archivist’s organizational mission, the IDC is currently seeking four new committee members:
Two candidates for a 2-year term (2018-2020)
Two candidates for a 1-year term (2018-2019)
The IDC strives to help build and maintain an inclusive environment where differences of opinion, beliefs, and values are sought, listened to, respected, and valued. Through inclusion, NEA is dedicated to expanding membership, participation, and leadership that reflect the broad diversity of New England. You can learn more about the IDC’s work here:
New members will rotate onto the committee in November 2018 and their duties are as follows:
- Works with IDC committee co-chairs and members to identify ways to build and maintain an inclusive organization where differences of opinion, beliefs, and values are sought, listened to, respected, and valued.
- Works with IDC committee co-chairs and members on related activities as appropriate to support committee effort toward building and maintaining an inclusive, welcoming organization, a key objective of the NEA Strategic Plan 2016-2020.
- Helps provide resources, consultation, and feedback to NEA volunteers and members as requested in order to support their efforts toward building and maintaining an inclusive, welcoming environment within the organization.
- Supports the IDC in its work to support and enforce the NEA Code of Conduct.
- Contributes ideas and occasional writing as part of to Serves as coordinating editor for the regular NEA Newsletter column, “Who’s Missing From This Table?” by identifying topics, recruiting authors, and reviewing drafts.
- Contributes to IDC efforts surrounding the administration of NEA’s Inclusion and Diversity Session and Travel Assistance Scholarship.
- Assists the IDC with on-site coordinator for inclusion and diversity efforts at NEA Spring Meetings.
- Contributes to quarterly reports submitted to the NEA Board
Terms of Service: 2 years [two positions available] or 1 year [two positions available]
Application Instructions: Applicants are encouraged to submit a statement that details your strong commitment to inclusion and diversity; knowledge of the issues and personal and professional experience with advocacy around diversity and inclusion; and understanding of collaboration and public outreach. Successful candidates will also be well-organized and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
All applications will be reviewed by the NEA Executive Board, as well as the Co-Chairs and current members of the IDC committee. If you have any questions about the role of the IDC at-large, or about the work individual committee members do in support of the IDC, don’t hesitate to contact us at the email address below.
Please submit your application by July 15th to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you!
Rosemary K. J. Davis
IDC Co-chairs, 2018-2021